Re: [NTLK] PMCIA Flash Memory Card Drivers

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 17:23:35 EDT

It's not a stupid question. It would make a large amount of sense to
use these cards in this fashion.

Your PC can read and write data to the card just fine - what it can't
understand is the way the card is _formatted_, nor how a newton
stores data on the card. In theory, someone could write software to
allow a pc to understand these cards, but such doesn't exist.

There are a couple of tools in linux that people have used to make an
exact duplicate of one card to another - but this is kludgy, and only
useful as a backup method.

J. Tyler Nichols