Re: [NTLK] Connecting to my computer

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 00:15:20 EDT

IIRC the Intel Macs cannot run Classic thus no NCU.

Use USB/serial adapter and serial dongle on newt side and install
packages with Newten or Escale.

You can also use a web browser like Newts Cape or Courier to install
packages.

Woody

On Aug 11, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Stephen Chan wrote:

> Hi all, I got my first Newton yesterday. I was unbelievable. I was
> shocked at how sturdy it was and the stylus is fantastic!
>

> so i have a question. I failed to get a serial connection cable with
> my newton. Is there any way i can connect it to my Intel Mac Mini?
>
> I'm getting a wireless card, but that won't work without extra
> software will it? which i have to get to the newton in the first
> place?

Wireless will be ok once drivers are installed if you have a
compatible wireless base station, see recent discussion.

> also, after setting up wifi on the newton, can i just use to install
> applications and do file transfers?

I send documents to OS X with email. i use personal web sharing and
Newt's Cape to get documents to the Newt. You can also install
packages with personal web sharing.

> Chan.

Welcome

Woody