Re: [NTLK] A programming question (Newton as a controller for an electric motor)

From: Douglas Starnes <doug-doug_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 21:50:37 EDT

Chris,
   Your idea is sound, but the use of the Newton may be sketchy id you plan
to use it for an primary display. I would suggest you use the Newton for a
control/interface to a 'dumb' system. You would hate to be in a situation
where you Newton crashes and your car dies. Use the Newton to interface to
the car's system.

Before you do anything else on the car project, stop and go to your local
book store. You must work with the electric car Bible for conversions and
new builds. The book you want (most likely will have to order is "Build
Your Own Electric Vehicle" by Bob Brant. The ISBN is 0-8306-4231-5. This
is the best book on the market and will serve you well. I would also
suggest you consider the alternative of AC Induction motors, we can talk off
line about that if you are really interested.

Get the book. Think about working the Newton into a design there as a
diagnostic tool.

--Douglas