Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Jim Felder <felder_at_knology.net>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 14:07:23 EDT

> Mac OS X, run ifconfig from a terminal window, or just look in Network
> in System Prefferences. The MAC should be printed on the page with
> information about the device.

I'm not seeing anything other than it showing up under PC cards in
system profiler. Doesn't give me a MAC address there, doesn't show up
under Internet and Network at all.

I ran ifconfig in Terminal and I'm looking at, among other
information, two items that look like they might be the built-in and
PC card adapters en0 and en1. Does that sound right? They are listed
as being active and inactive respectively.

Where in the information about each is the MAC address? There are
several strings of numbers that resemble a MAC address.

Thanks,

Jim