Re: [NTLK] contrast issues on my 2100...

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 06:27:51 EDT

Double tap on the word "Contrast" in Extras and the contrast slider
will "re-center" whatever it's currently set at to be synonymous with
the "center" of the contrast slider. One can re-center multiple times
in either direction, though the screen begins to do some funky things
after taking the contrast all the way to the max/min and re-centering
4 or 5 times in a row.

I did this once as I was reading a book outside, in bright sunlight
on a 90 Deg. F day. The screen would get darker as the newt warmed
up, so I kept lowering the contrast and re-centering the slider.
After about 3 times the newt's screen would flicker as I adjusted the
contrast, but always settled down to working correctly. Just remember
to set it back to normal before cooling the newt down, so you can
still see something on it's screen at room-temperature.

J. Tyler Nichols