Re: [NTLK] Failing Transfers

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 10:33:01 EDT

Transfers could fail on NCU for reasons related to software or hardware.

On the software side, the lack of the correct extensions installed on
your desktop system would prevent the file to be correctly recognized
by NCU, which blocks the transfer resetting the serial bus and
stopping any connection as soon as possible.

On the hardware side, there are some Mac to PC (mini-din8 to db9)
serial cable/adapters on the market which are configured to
estabilish a type of connection which prevents NCU to complete
transfer of files over some kylobytes. Note that these adapters are
often made for Palm devices.

NCU needs only a tx/rx signal to detect the presence of a MessagePad,
but then it's configured to use both the handshake lines to transfer/
receive files, as any localtalk device would do.

I cannot report easy tricks, sorry about that, but if you need more
help or a more detailed response, please just post some other infos
about your own setup.

Kind regards

Adriano