[NTLK] Requesting assistance with modem to modem connection problem.

From: Andrew Petrov <carlylegroup_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 17:06:31 EDT

I just got my first newton, a 2100, today. To avoid bootstrapping, I
had planned on using the modem to modem method detailed here:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM

I've got a PCMCI0A 28.8 modem (which is recognized) in my newton, as
well as a standard apple internal modem in my ibook G4 running mac os
10.4. When I try to run NCU in classic, I only get access to one
preferences panel, in which I don't have the option of choosing the
connection method I want to use. I've tried dialing my computer from
the newton, but the computer does not respond. So I have a few
questions:

1. Is modem to modem connection possible with my setup?
2. Do the computer name and dialing number matter when using this
connection method?
3. Why can't I select a connection mode in NCU?
4. How can I make my modem pick up when the newton dials?

If anyone can help me with these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.