[NTLK] What might a headphone jack in a 130 be useful for?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 16:33:01 EDT

Hi gang,

some time ago I got my hands on a couple of dead 130's that had
the built-in speaker disconnected and a headphone jack installed
instead.

Do you have any idea what those might have been used for? Certainly this
hasn't been
done only to hear the pen or action sounds better. Are you aware
of any OS 2.0 software that might be more useful when used with a
headphone?

Thoroughly researched answers might benefit the Newton community since I
won't keep all four for myself. Your chance to get at a piece of Newton
history, maybe.
But if there's nothing this jack can be useful for, I'd simply remove it
and
re-connect the built-in speaker.

Thanks

Frank