Re: [NTLK] Sharp Expert Pad - charger?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 08:40:50 EST

On 12/14/06, Russ Bravo <russbravo@lineone.net> wrote:
> I don't know whether it's a peculiarity of my Expert Pad, or I'm just
> being a bit dim, but I've tried it with a 9W Newton charger and the
> connector will not fit in the AC socket on the Expert Pad.

Hi Russ,

Since the ExpertPad, Siemens and MP100 are all the same model they
should use the same adapter. It seems that Sharp and Siemens decided
to go with a Non-Standard/Newton Connector Shape :(

The Power Adapter Receptacle on both of these models desire a Round
Connector :( unfortunately unless you have the original all you have
is a Newton Adapter which is what I describe as a Squared Off 'U'.

I happen to have my ExpertPad underneath my computer desk when I
checked this morning and test the 9W (or 7W) Newton Adapter. It's a
tight fit but a slight pressure in the insertion of the Tip will allow
it to fit and the ExpertPad powered on immediately. I'm sure you'll
get the same response if you try it yourself and you'll be fine...

;-)

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung