Re: [NTLK] [FS or T] Mac and newton related gear

From: John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 09:04:22 EST

>I use ebay and paypal but I have a hate for both.

All points of view are valid, however in the end business is business
and caveat emptor "let the buyer beware" to me assures a "free and open
marketplace" unhindered by external controls which inevitably have
unintended consequences, primarily the restriction of trade.

Should not all parties to a transaction have the "freedom" to contrive
their own set of tactics to protect or not protect their own interests
in their own way?

As a seller on eBay I require payment in full prior to shipping. My
eBay history is immaculate so I'm in a position to hold the line, but
this requires ethical performance over time, such is I believe the
strength of eBay.

Perhaps I am missing the points of this thread, but I don't WANT to be
protected by ANYONE but myself.

Oh well, just my 2 cents worth. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Interesting to hear such varied perceptions and interpretations
revolving around eBay and PayPal.

John