Re: [NTLK] 120 batter cover

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 18:15:00 EST

On 12/18/2006 5:27 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> On 12/18/06, SF Trotter <trotter@nwinfo.net> wrote:
>> Any suggestions on how to keep the battery cover on a 120 snug? If I
>> pick it up at that end the cover sometimes slides out; occasionally off.
>> It fits fine; just doesn't have enough friction/grip to stay locked in
>> place. Is there a trick to keeping it there?
>
> I've always wondered the same thing - however this pertained to all
> the MP1x0 line (110/120/130) as they seem to either fit snug or not
> but never semi-snug...
>
> I think the tabbed end that locks into place is the culprit... if
> there were a way to bend it a hair it would fit better and possibly
> hold better also... my thoughts only as I've not tried this yet nor do
> I have a spare to play with to test it out...

They will just snap off, those tabs tend to break rather than bend (at
least in my experience). When I had a cover like that I used a simple
method....electrical tape on the tab end securing it in place.
Electrical tape is easy to remove and won't damage the housing (at least
it never made a mark on mine when I was using it). Granted it is not
the best in cosmetic terms, but it does work and better than having the
cover fall off and break.

-Dan