Re: [NTLK] ipod interface

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 19:49:19 PST

Marco Mailand wrote:

> 2006/1/31, Daniel Padilla <dproldan_at_telefonica.net>:
>
>> Usually, this is the kind of things you do just because you can, but
>>in this particular case, I really see some potential in controlling your
>>iPod wirelessly (infrared), or in the worst case, have a list of your
>>music collection in your Newton.
>
> Okay, now I got it - thanks to all who shed a little bit of light in
> this. The music remains stored on the iPod and is played by it but the
> MP2kx knows all songs, allows searching and is able to send commands
<snip>

> Marco
right the newt is the interface, the ipod is the storage and audio out.
now i'm thinking (based on someone suggestion) if I kitbash a nano
(strip it out of the case down to it's essentials) it could be built
into a cover, or case component, for the newt. I've got to think about
how this would work but it looks there might be enough parts to this
sitting around to maybe mock it up. might even be able to slip bluetooth
or one of those itty-bitty xmitters in there somewhere and play it
through the stereo.

hmmmm i wonder if assist could be wrapped in there too??? let me think
some more on this.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.