[NTLK] Linear Card Weirdness

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 21:45:53 PST

Hi all

Not sure what happened but when I came to turn on my Newton this
morning it had an error message stating that it had restarted due to
a system error. Worse still my 32MB linear card was no longer
recognized. It has been working fine for a year and is my primary
store on the Newton. My other card (a 256MB CF card) worked without
problem. I tried reseting it with no success. I then changed card
slots and my CF worked in both slots, but the linear refused to work
in either. I reset the Newton with both cards left out and then
inserted the linear card in the other slot, and success. My concern
is that I don't know what happened to cause the problem or if this
solution will work again.

Anyone had similar problems?

Cheers

Dave