Re: [NTLK] WiFi and more(now PB wallstreets)

From: Owen Collins (collinso_at_wlu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 06:34:30 PST

On 2/15/06, Tim Wilson <me_at_knipdlo.com> wrote:
If I could borrow
> it, how would I go about installing what I need to use an ethernet
> card? I know the PB has OS 9.2.1 on it (its for sale for $100- would
> it be worth buying as a newton connection device?)

Sonny Hung wrote:
... but I think the Wallstreet is the best option for anyone
wanting to connect and use with a Newton.

....I'll eventually try OS X 10.2.x (I think that's as high as a
Wallstreet will
do)....

I agree the PB wallstreet is a great Newton connection device because it
has an IRDA port and the mac serial port as well. Considering they came
out in 96-97 I think it would make sense that they are compatible.

To install with the IRDA port all you need is Jerome Vernet(Ih ope I
spelled that right) IRDA Package installer.

To do serial you just need a mac serial cable.

BTW to put OS X on this machine you would need to use Xpostfacto. It
allows you to put an OSX system on another partition of the drive. IF
you do this however OSX can recognize the serial port in the back and
you can install packages with it with NewTen. I found OSX to be really
slow however.

O.