Re: [NTLK] Anyone doing Bluetooth with the Newton?

From: Thomas Tempelmann (tempelmann_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 01:03:03 PST

On 2/22/06, Brian <spylaw4_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Your post made it ok - but as you were talking about the PICO card I
> did not respond since I use the Ambicom card.
>
> But BT does work - follow Eckhart's instructions to the letter and
> have patience as I found that it does sometimes require a number of
> tries to get everything to pair ok.

No, it does not work for me. I BT works in general (test works, and my
Mac sees the BT card) but the Newton does not find anything. I've not
only followed (the quite lacking) instructions on the 40hz Blunt page
but also those in the unna wiki.

The problem is the "discover" process. Somehow the newton does not
discover anything, and I like to verify that my exact configuration
(new 2100 US with Blunt 0.7.7 and Pico card) is known to work. After
all, it might be that there slipped an error into this blunt version.
Therefore, if someone with a Pico card uses an older blunt version
successfully, I'd like to try that one.

I also wrote to Eckhard, but he hasn't replied for a week now.