Re: [NTLK] Anyone doing Bluetooth with the Newton?

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 09:00:31 PST

On Feb 22, 2006, at 1:03 AM, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Brian <spylaw4_at_mac.com> wrote:
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Your post made it ok - but as you were talking about the PICO card I
>> did not respond since I use the Ambicom card.
Same here, purple antenna... Works aok.

>> But BT does work - follow Eckhart's instructions to the letter and
>> have patience as I found that it does sometimes require a number of
>> tries to get everything to pair ok.
>
> No, it does not work for me. I BT works in general (test works, and my
> Mac sees the BT card) but the Newton does not find anything.
Huh, in my experience. when the test works things are golden. When you
do your discover and it returns an empty window, try using the up arrow
to scroll up, perhaps there are devices discovered and hiding there?
> I've not
> only followed (the quite lacking) instructions on the 40hz Blunt page
> but also those in the unna wiki.
>
> The problem is the "discover" process. Somehow the newton does not
> discover anything,
<snip>
I think if the test function works you should be good, try my above
theory?

Marty