Re: [NTLK] eMate hinges and power adapter

From: Oliver Leaman (oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 18:34:21 PST

>It will fail and the failure mode is now well understood, so it would
>be a shame to have to repair or replace the display cable and lose
>the use of your eMate for something that is as completely avoidable
>as it is predictable.
>
>I have seen too many eMates with this problem now so there's no excuse.
>
>Joel.

Of course you're right, but I like the slogan if it ain't bust don't fix it,
and frankly eMates are now so cheap that why worry. And I do have a guilty
secret. I have another one on ice ready to spring into action once Old
Faithful dies.

By the way, although I am not very technically minded I have really learnt
so much from those who are and who write regularly on eMates and Newtons. We
are very much in your debt.

Oliver