Re: [NTLK] NSBasic

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 00:27:59 PST

On Feb 23, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Andrei Chichak wrote:

>> I'm thinking an ELM323 interface software, to read car
>> troublecodes and sensor data, maybe continuous logging for later
>> analysis as well.
>
> What a great idea (actually I had the same idea a few years ago, but
> projects come and go). What vehicle are you targetting? I wanted to
> make
> one for my Volvo. You can get the cables/connectors from
> www.obd2cables.com .
>
> Now that my car is throwing an emissions light, it may be time to take
> another look.
Oh man,

I have been fighting with the "check engine" light on my wifes S70 for
the last several months. No victory yet either.

An OBDII scanner for Newton would completely rock. It could be so much
more useful then the dumb toy ones (I can imagine the OBDII logfiles on
my newton now).

It's NOT ok, by the way, to solicit copies of commercial software here.
  This is an activity that threatens the existence of the list and
thereby the entire Newton community. Sounds overly dramatic? Perhaps,
  but still it's not ok.

Marty