Re: [NTLK] NSBasic

From: dlandown_at_chroma.med.miami.edu
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 05:26:29 PST

Sounds like a job for Slurpee which can probably bring the serial data
into the Newt programming environment.

hth david

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Karosa Alabaster wrote:

   Andrei Chichak wrote:

>What a great idea (actually I had the same idea a few years ago, but
>projects come and go). What vehicle are you targetting? I wanted to make
>one for my Volvo. You can get the cables/connectors from www.obd2cables.com .
>
>Now that my car is throwing an emissions light, it may be time to take
>another look.
>
>Andrei

   Hello!

   Well the ELM handles quite a large number of cars. Altough I'd be doing
   testing with JElmEmulator in the beginning. And later on a VW Passat
   with an acquintance's ELM interface.
   In case you're interested check http://www.elmelectronics.com for the IC
   and http://www.scantool.net for interfaces based on the IC.

   Cheers