[NTLK] NCU and AppleTalk, no joy :-(

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 22:40:00 PST

I've been over the wiki page,
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NcuOsx, but I'm not getting
anywhere.

Both of the Mac's I have access to are running 10.4. Everything seems
to install quite normally, but when I attempt to connect from the Newton
I get one of two things:

With my 3com 3c598d, I get "there was a problem opening the chooser
(-61001)" as soon as I tap "Other Computer". This in spite of the fact
the I just finished running Newtscape with this card only a few minutes
earlier. I have selected EtherTalk in my Prefs, and selected that
card....

If I switch to my WaveLAN/IEEE card, I get a dialog saying it is
searching, but it never returns, seemingly never finding anything.

Has anyone got this to connection with 10.4? The instructions mention
Jaguar, but I didn't think it should be that specific....

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court