Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth/Edge and cellphone w/PBG4

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 22:58:30 PST

On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:50 PM, kumu kahi wrote:

> Aloha! and Happy New Year!
Same to you and to all!

> Does anyone have current information re mp2100 and bluetooth?
Like what for instance. I use the Ambicom Bluetooth PCMCIA card with
adapter and Eckhart Koppen's Blunt software (plus his other
extensions).
> Or can i use ethernet and edge pcmcia in newt and thence use PB with no
> pcmcia to garner Edge connectivity?
Huh? What the heck is this supposed to mean? You can't use combo cards
FYI. I don't think you can use Newton to route TCP/IP traffic for you
Power book if that's what you hoped for.
> I have tmobile unlimited gprs but ....
> a razr (that is bluetooth but no edge tech)
> and I can surf, download (slowly) and do ebay, and hotmail but not
> google or
> gmail...strange...

You won't be able to use Gmail from the newton. Google works great for
me in Newtscape.

Also, GO back to Macfixit and look there. I see your name there...
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=2006010508091566
Marty