[NTLK] Aha, maybe a workaround for the file transfer issue

From: Tim Meehan (tmeehan_at_x2001.com)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 13:31:09 PST

Greetings fellow Genius':
I post this note with some trepidation, knowing there are much
smarter people reading this list than I consider myself. So feel free
to let me know if I'm mentioning something already solved, or already
in the works somewhere else.

I've owned every model of MessagePad over the years and still have a
fine pair of near-new MP2100 machines here at the nerve center of my
empire. The past few years however I've been wrestling with the file
transfer issue and think I (may) have stumbled on a potentially too-
stupid-not-to-be-true solution that I'd humbly ask your thoughts on.

I've (finally) successfully been able to connect my MP2100 to my
PowerBook G4 via a farallon ethernet card through a hub, through an
Apple AirPort Extreme base station to my PowerBook G4 with AirPort.
They see each other. I'm able to install packages TO the MP2100. I'm
able to (in a grossly limited fashion) surf the internet via NetHopper.

So far, I'm NOT able to transfer files from the MP2100 to the
PowerBook. (and I KNOW this seems too obvious) If I'm able to get and
send email from the MP2100, shouldn't I then be able to send files
from the MP2100 to myself as email attachments?

Forgive me if I'm a little dense on this issue, but so far I've been
unable to get the POP account settings right to send/get email on the
MP. Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to set up the MP to
access my POP account as easily as my regular mail client?

Feel free to remind me to slap my forehead if I'm not seeing
something obvious here.

You may also feel free (and are in fact encouraged) to lead me to any
step-by-step instructions elsewhere to help me accomplish this task.
I'm a very firm believer in this technology and often bow in prayer
on the alter of Steve for some kind of hand-held Mac OS X Newt-
Product in our near future.

Thanks in advance,
Tim Meehan

"I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He
was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."
- Johnny Carson