Re: [NTLK] [ANN-Getting OT) iPod accessories are compatible with Newton

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 13:59:32 PST

Adriano, a very impressive movie indeed. You really are keeping us
'wanting'!

As a collector (it seems!) of older Apple stuff, I seem to have as
many iPods as Newtons. I wouldn't be without my first generation
model. So I have followed with interest the iPod's development. A
typical Apple affair of taking your faithful accessory manufacturers
with you then suddenly pulling the rug from under them in the name of
progress and changing interfaces!

That's why I note that Apple seem to have discontinued the
interconnect that you are designing for and made manufacturers such
as Griffin redesign to suit the docking port only. Jeff Sheldon
mentioned the iPod remote but of course that now uses the docking
connector.

The good news is that there should be plenty of cheeper 'old format'
iPod accessories around for a long time. How good would a BLACK iTrip
be with a Newt?! There are loads on eBay.

I've been thinking of other uses. The Griffin iBeam as a laser
pointer for presentations? Have you considered any others when
conceiving of the developer kit?

Anyway, keep it coming!

Jon