Re: [NTLK] [ANN] iPod accessories are compatible with Newton

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 13:35:33 PST

Il giorno 19/gen/06, alle ore 22:59, Jon Scordia ha scritto:

> Adriano, a very impressive movie indeed. You really are keeping us
> 'wanting'!

Happy to hear that!

I mailed off to a friend in Rome the videos of "who is newton" and
"where is newton" a couple of weeks ago,
and then he sent back to me a gingle who has become the soundtrack of
the NewtPod movie!
http://homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/iMovieTheater30.html

> As a collector (it seems!) of older Apple stuff, I seem to have as
> many iPods as Newtons. I wouldn't be without my first generation
> model. So I have followed with interest the iPod's development. A
> typical Apple affair of taking your faithful accessory manufacturers
> with you then suddenly pulling the rug from under them in the name of
> progress and changing interfaces!

I think i could make an adapter for 2G iPod too, but i do not own
such version of iPod to test it eventually.

> I've been thinking of other uses. The Griffin iBeam as a laser
> pointer for presentations? Have you considered any others when
> conceiving of the developer kit?

I am very open to ideas for the most complete NPDK (NewtPod Developer
Kit) i could prepare for you.

The iBeam is a very cool gadget. Although i do not own one, when i
will have some more free time,
i would love to use it to build a serial to laser transceiver.
Imagine to sync with NCU at one mile of distance??!
Although a really crazy (and maybe not really needed) Newton
accessory, i simply love the idea....!

Regards,

Adriano