Re: [NTLK] Using newtsync 0.3.3

From: Matthew Reidsma (mreidsma_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 08:23:52 PST

On 1/20/06, Owen Collins <collinso_at_wlu.edu> wrote:
> >Newtsync crashes once we get to syncing 22 contacts. Any
> >ideas?

The only way I've been able to get Newtsync to work reliably is if I
start with a fresh Newt - brain wiped - and sync the contacts from the
Mac to the Newt. After that inital move, changes on both sides work
fine.

FWIW, I use MoreInfo and do not often have notes attached to my
contacts. I was also able to get iCal to sync under Panther quite well
the same way--fresh on the Newt and entering in all of my data into
iCal with no repeating meetings. I think that there is a persistent
issue with daylight savings changing the times on the Newt, and so I
gave up calendar synching. No one likes the excuse that you're late
because your PDA changed the time of the meeting. :)

Good luck,

--
-----
Matthew Reidsma