[NTLK] emate helllllllllllpppppppp !

From: Cameron (ncfc1902_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 02:39:29 PST

Hi All,

I am now a proud owner of an emate and am looking forward to showing
if off at work on monday. However I have a problem with a flash card :

I have a 16meg Centennial Linear flash card. The card contains
software (including the wireless driver for my wavelan card) which I
bought on ebay.
When I insert it into my emate, the card loads and you can see it
reading the packages. Once loaded if I press the extra button to get
to the card icon
the emate shows the warning "not enough memory to process the
request, a restart may help". If restarted the same happens.

I think that there are two packages on the card that are causing the
problem or are opening whilst load so the emate crashes (bbtext edit
and vnc).

What I would like to do is to get into the card and delete some of
the software, I have a powerbook G4 on OSX 4.2 and an Dell running M$
XP.
When I insert the card all the mac will do is show it in the task bar
and the only option I have is to power the card on or off (i dont
have classic). On the Dell
It shows the card as D drive but when I try to open it all I get is
an error.

This has now taken a more serious turn because 1. I would like to
have it up and running on Monday to prove a point to all the doubters
that it can work and run on wireless.
2. There is a rather loud Apple hater at work who will revel in it if
I can't !

So the question is : How can I get into the flash drive or is there
any way to get into via the emate.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Cameron

mailto: cj.rogers_at_mac.com
ichat: cj.rogers

This message is intended only for [recipient name]. If you are not
information is strictly prohibited.

WARNING: E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete. The sender therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.