Re: [NTLK] Transferring notes and Works to Mac desktop

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 10:46:04 EDT

Well if you only want the text, and you have the room, try EEtransfer.
You can transfer just the text using a simple terminal on your Mac. It
also allows for transfer of stubborn packages off your newt if you need.
 The only down side is takes up quite a bit of room. Though you don't
need all the modules installed, just the terminal and main extension. I
have used it several times, but I agree it is not quite as easy as NCU.
 However it would be my next choice if I just want text and couldn't use
NCU.

On another note, I am surprised that someone has not come up with a
emulator for classic. Seems like such a tool would be very handy for
old programs that you still want to run. In the windows world there are
several DOS emulators so you can run old DOS games on the latest
hardware/software with little trouble which would otherwise be impossible.

-Dan