Re: [NTLK] eProbe and eMate

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon Jul 10 2006 - 19:05:26 EDT

On Jul 10, 2006, at 2:15 PM, John Derbyshire wrote:

> Won the auction for the eProbe. It'll be nearly a month before I can
> get the docs to the list members as I'm off to France on Friday and the
> package will take 5-10 days to arrive here in England. When I get back
> I'll call in school and scan the manual and study material and forward
> them to Martin for the stillnewt.org library. What is the best format
> for docs? eg What software do I need to do a pdf doc?

If you are on OSX you can use "preview" which is the print preview
application to save as a PDF, or you can generally make PDF's from any
application.

If you aren't on OSX I think that Acrobat distiller is the necessary
item. You can use Acrobat distiller on OSX also.

If the Doc's are mostly black and white and not too high res, we could
just leave them in the scanned format (TIFF?) which might be more
versatile...

Dunno, just thinking out loud really.
Marty