Re: [NTLK] FOLLOWUP: Maybe I've figured out the NCU serial connect failure

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_newted.org>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 09:23:44 EDT

On Jul 17, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Jim Felder wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Giulio Marchi wrote:
>
>> implemented it, the
>> Keyspan adapter drivers (Classic and OS X) can actually coexist as
>> also
>> stated in the manual. You just can not use them at the same time.
>
> Good to know, I'll put the OS X drivers back in the apps folder and
> cross my fingers.
>>
>> I use the Keyspan adapter both under OS X (Newten) and Classic (NCU)
>> after having installed both drivers.
>

> I took the Keyspan OS C driver out of the apps folder and put it on
> the desktop (I'll try putting it back. Are you suuuuure you can have
> both installed?)

I'm sure... that's how I have it.

Mostly, I connect using the original Newton tools and apps under
Classic Mode. I haven't found any use for running my KeySpan adapter
directly in OS X, but I have done it. I prefer the classic apps for
communicating.

> I went to the preferences panel and lo and behold, where there had
> been no choice other than appletalk, now there were several. I chose
> Printer.

> I'd like to know more about importing and exporting calendar and
> address book stuff.

Yep, been there, done that. Best success so far has been syncing from
my Newton using... ugh! what's it called? Lookout or something. Going
from the Newton to Outlook, then from Outlook to Yahoo. I haven't found
anything else (so far) that worked as instantly and as expected, as
this solution.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"