Re: [NTLK] eMate batteries deplete very quickly

From: Ralph Glatt <julian814_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 17:13:51 EDT

Jonathan,

I'm hoping it was a typo when you said you had NiCads in your eMate. Don't
remember the exact cell type, but NiCads won't work right. Personally, I'd
recommend going to Mouser and getting a cell holder to put in your eMate,
that way, when the cells start losing their usefulness, you can just replace
the cells instead of having to make a whole new battery pack. You'll need to
dremel out a divider in the eMate to get the holder to fit, but it's
relatively easy. (I'm proof of that! Did it to mine.) I'd also recommend
getting 2000 ma cells. My eMate doesn't see much use, but the batteries in
it will hold a charge for up to a week.

Ralph