Re: [NTLK] How do you create Newton compatible images

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 18:25:21 EDT

I have found that the previously outlined paths are excellent, I only
add this for the sake of completion.
Preparation is critical, spend a bit of time with your image editing
software to find the ideal saturation, contrast and brightness. Then
save this image to compare future images against.

there is a software package that will allow some older cameras to
connect to the newton. "Tibet"
see <http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html> see
item 9

You can use Newtscape to download an image from the internet and save
it as a Newtonbook or as a NewtWorks document, on the latter choice
be careful. save to a card with nothing important on it, just any
works doc.

Another option form OS X is 'personal web sharing' on mac and Newt's
Cape on the Newt.
Look in your Mac user folder for sites..... follow directions.
Documents must be in HTML format, images can be either jpeg or gif
( keep Newts limitations in mind). If you create another folder in
sites, add its name to the http path to avoid the 'index' file.

Once the document has been loaded into Newt's Cape you can save it to
Works, notes or as a newton book.
Much of the formatting will remain.