[NTLK] eMate flashing backlight

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 07:40:17 EST

Hey, just picked up a faulty eMate that suffered a drop, it has the
"flashing backlight" diagnosis system running, which gives two flashes
then a pause. Anyone know what this means so I can pinpoint it? The
board looks okay, there's a little bit of warping under the pcmcia
socket from a fall it encountered. I was looking in the archives and
around, and supposedly it was a ROM/RAM issue. I swapped the ROM board
with a know working eMate, same problem with good ROM, other ROM works
fine in good eMate. Anyone shed a little light?

Thanks,
   - Adam