Re: [NTLK] OT: Was Newton Development Contest

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 04:00:43 EST

On 3/7/06, Knowledge Navigator <knowledgenavigator@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm leaving this alone now.
>
> Thanks for listening!
> KN.

Ferdi-

I note with interest that you never use your real name any more.... Is there
a reason for this?

For others of a curious nature, I suggest looking at the NewtonTalk
archives, not only for Knowledge Navigator, but also for "Ferdi" independent
of the words "knowledge navigator". Just one further note on that, there
have been two individuals named "Ferdi" on this list in the past, but I
don't know if the other individual is in the archives or not. In fact, as I
think of it, it may be that not much remains of this Ferdi's early
communications. This may be a good thing, as I must say to Ferdi's (read
Knowledge Navigator's) credit, he has much moderated his responses, and is
far more civil than he used to be. In that respect he has matured much.
However, he does have a lot to live down. I would say that he has worked
hard to reform his name, and this cannot be a bad thing.

I will add that there is a lot of bad blood between him and PCBMan (aka Dave
Humphreys), and being honest, justified on the part of Dave, regardless of
the justification that Ferdi makes for himself. IMO, were he to acknowledge
his own culpability in this issue, he would go about 90% of the way towards
completely reforming his name, but I doubt we will ever see that, so we will
always see any discussion that Ferdi--KN--take part in degrade to an insult
match. I'm sure it's not good for his business, so I don't see why he keeps
on trying, as he is the only one who gets hurt in these exchanges...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland