Re: [NTLK] MP2100 vs. MP2000

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 07:32:22 EST

Jon Glass wrote:
> On 3/10/06, andy bloom <andybloom@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>Would some be so kind as to list, in practical rather than technical
>>terms, what I won't be able to do on my new MP2000 that would be
>>capable on the MP2100? Will GPS and Bluetooth be as effective? Will
>>it be slower? Muchothanks in advance... andybloom
>

> Does not the 2k have less heap than the 130? It would seem to me that you
> can do hardly anything on the 2000, including web or any heap-intensive
> activities. I would not recommend a 2000 over a 2100, especially for what
> you want to do. I suppose people have acheived these things, but what a
> pain! I'm sure you will spend much time freezing and unfreezing apps just to
> do simple things like email, so I wouldn't bother, unless you have one app
> you really want to run (mp3, or email, or web, but not on the same device)

now, now, now the 2000 is not that bad, i used one from the time they
came out until the 2100 came out and it was very usable. untill i got a
2100 in my hands THEN i was spoiled, MUCH faster feel in the UI.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.