[NTLK] Bluetooth "Discover" bug revealed! Wiki pages updated

From: Thomas Tempelmann <tempelmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 10:54:07 EST

Are you have trouble with your Bluetooth card on your Newton because
the "Discover" operation never finds any Bluetooth devices, while it
appears to work for others?

I've found the reason: Changes to Blunt 0.7.7 cause this problem, at
least with the Pico card.

The solution: Use Blunt 0.7.6! Actually, since the culprit is the
Setup package, you only need to replace that file, while you can keep
using the driver from 0.7.7.

Now I can finally transfer files in both directions (from and to the Newton)!

Since Blunt 0.7.6 is not available for download from the 40hz.org
page, I have placed the setup package on my server for now.

I have also updated the wiki pages on Bluetooth use heavily, adding
new information and fixing bad or outdated infos.

Start here, where you will also find the download link to the older
Blunt version:

  http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BluntSetup

--
Thomas Tempelmann - exaggerating over a million times a day!
http://www.tempel.org/rb/  -- The primary source of outdated REALbasic