Re: [NTLK] recommendations on good serial to bluetooth cable/adapter

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 13:23:42 EST

Dear Sonny,

i think that using the correct bluetooth adapter certain printers
would respond correctly,
Probably the BT-001 adapter could be used to test that.

Then maybe you came across the PICO Plug, which have both parallel
and serial (db9) connectors built-in
and is capable of estabilishing transparent serial over bluetooth
communications using each one of them:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SerialToBluetooth

This adapter has the same Ericsson bluetooth chip installed on the
PICO pcmcias
(the cards that many of us succefully use with default Blunt settings)

The chip is a ROK-101 series: http://tinyurl.com/ndl87 [pdf file]
and it's one of the first bluetooth chips ever introduced on the market.

Did you notice the 'Serial' option in Blunt? I imagine it was made
for PICO Plugs,
but i can't imagine why Blunt never worked using the 'SPP' stack on
direct serial,
while it works fine using the same stack over pcmcia...

Regards,
Adriano