[NTLK] CF card adapter, eMate batteries and other questions

From: <SarahStryker_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 17:37:36 EST

Hi folks,
I was at Micro-Center the other day and thought I'd take a look at the PCMCIA
CF card adapters and found just one in stock, by Dazzle. Would this be
compatible with the MP 2100 and eMate? I really would like to have some additonal
storage capacity for apps, utilities, games and the like....

Also, I powered my eMate up for the very first time using the power adapter
that came with my MP 2100 and got a message on the screen that the main battery
needs to be replaced. What type of battery is that? I turned it over and it
looks like it needs a T6 or T8 driver to access the battery compartment. Also,
I can't access anything more than the basic programs installed, obviously
because of the teacher setup. I found a 'how-to-do' for the hard reset in the
archives and tried to do that but it didn't do anything.. I am wondering if the
eMate needs to have fully functioning, charged batteries in order for a hard
reset to work? Also, if the hard reset is successful, do I have to reinstall the
OS or just the programs that are on it now? I don't have the original CD,
unfortunately as I bought the eMate as a barebones system on eBay (no stylus,
adapter or accessories)...your advice and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Also, for the MP 2100, is there a utility or program that enlarges the size
of icons, type and and so on? It's hard for me to see things on the screen even
with my glasses, and such an utility would be a HUGE help for me.

Much thanks for your answers to my questions in advance!

Sally