Re: [NTLK] New here -- with questions about errors

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 08:55:42 EST

Susanna
Welcome

I don't actually have any definitive answer for you, but there is an
error database that may be of interest.

see <http://tools.unna.org/errors/>

Install something that will monitor your system memory (heap), such
as Avi's backdrop or Frank Gruendel's NewtTest.

< http://www.pda-soft.de/newttest.html> find Avi's in UNNA.

check how much available storage Ram you have. Try to keep 25% or so
free in each storage device, internal or card.

Install some package that allows freezing of packages such as Extras
extras
<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/system_enhancements/Extra-
Extras>
freeze packages not currently being used to identify which are
causing problems.

Woody