Re: [NTLK] eBay something you might want to know.

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 05:29:41 EST

>SO this is the deal.
>1) If you sell on eBay and use a PayPal Account to accept moneys you
>are now REQUIRED to accept Credit Card or Debit Card Funded funds

I find this ironic, speaking purely from a buyer's perspective.

Normally, my account is set up to pay via bank balance transfer. When I go
to "funding options" to switch the funding to "credit card," PayPal then
gives me a full page of backchat in a (futile) attempt to talk me out of it.
  The page gives various (and mostly bogus) reasons why funding via bank
balance is *preferable* to using a CC. I then have to click either a "yes"
or a "no" button (and the "no" button is highlighted) in order to get past
this page.

The only reason I can think of offhand for the above is that CC-funded
transactions might cost PayPal more to process than balance transfers. I
guess I'm baffled as to why PayPal would bother to try talking people out of
using their CCs when that's clearly what they want to do.

[offers forehead as target for Clue Brick]

Best,

James Fraser