Re: [NTLK] "New" battery pack

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 18:53:49 EDT

It is my understanding that any Newton labeled power adapter will
work fine. The ones from earlier units will charge the battery more
slowly.
You should only use the rechargeable battery pack designed for your
Newton or the battery tray Alkaline batteries or rechargeables that
you charge externally.

If the battery pack you mentioned is designed for the Newton then it
may work.

If it is reluctant to charge it may be a candidate for "chilling not
freezing" for 10 to 15 minutes in the freezer. This helps some dead
batteries charge. Repeated attempts to charge a dead battery may
cause your Newt to fail to restart even with the adapter, Don't
worry, just remove all power and wait a few hours. If that doesn't
work go to Frank Gruendel's site and follow his instructions exactly.

Start at about 4th paragraph <http://www.pda-soft.de/
2x00_disassemble.html>

Woody