[NTLK] Einstein on StrongARM Single Board Computer?

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 08:23:45 EDT

Ross's mentioning of Einstein on the Zaurus popped an interesting
thought into my head: why not build your own Linux PDA with a
StrongARM-based Single Board Computer?

Obviously, it wouldn't be the most cost-effective way to get a new
Newton, but it sure would be fun for a hobbyist and mean you could
have the hardware tailored specifically to the Newton way of life.

There are many small Linux SBC's out there and quite a few of them
use the StrongArm processor (the same 206MHz SA-1110 that the Zaurus
uses):

http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8498487406.html (http://
tinyurl.com/dz6gr)

All you'd need to do is slap on an LCD, a touch screen, and a power
source and you're all set... don't I make it sound _easy_!

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com