Re: [NTLK] You all know how good it feels...

From: Mark Ross <markr13_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 13:43:57 EDT

This is an area we at NuShield have considerable experience with.
While there are gasketed screens (NEMA rated and water sealed) they
use a special felt that will not trigger the touch screen. Do not try
this at home, as if you put any kind of gasket on the screen, you
will more likely than not create either "Jaggies" or full blown
screen lockup where the screen will not respond to the stylus at all.
Keeping the case from touching the screen is the best option.
NuShield will rarely trigger this response in some PDA's
(fortunately, not the Newtons) with an unusually tight case once the
film is installed.
Note that manufacturers always make the touch screen slightly larger
than the case bezel edge. This is to hide the connectors and
electronics as well as help keep dirt out of the device.

Note that I'm not an engineer either, but I did sleep in a Holiday
Inn Express last night.

--
Mark Ross
markr13@verizon.net