Re: [NTLK] WTB Wi-Fi card & Serial Dongle for MP2100 UK

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 13:47:16 EDT

Hi Mike
You should have no problem finding a Wi-Fi card that is compatible
with your Newton on eBay or possibly from someone on the list,
however the WEP may be a problem since Hiroshi has stopped offering
registration.
see <http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/%7engc/eng/newtwave.htm>. you can
still use it but without encription. Check the archives for other
security schemes.

for the USB/Serial adapter consider Adriano's NewtUSB <http://
www.notwen.com/newtusb/> or the Keyspan serial/USB. Either way read
and consider any cautions about whether to install drivers in Classic
or OS X.

Serial dongles can still be found on eBay but with shipping can be
expensive. Consider the dongle and pc serial all in one
see < http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_37> and
use pc style serial/USB adapter.

Woody