Re: [NTLK] MP130 problems

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 17:00:53 EST

> SPEAKING Of 130 Flaws, I Have a 130 sitting at the top of
> my closet that has some funky screen problem, it turns
> on, and the screen goes blank if i tap it, it comes up
> for a very short time (half a second?) and then goes
> blank again, i don't understand what's wrong with it. At
> first, it flickered like crazy and then that's what it's
> doing now, not a problem since i use my 2000 for my
> everyday pd and have another 130 if i want to use it,
> but it just so happens that i like this particular 130
> the best out of all of them (i don't know why though)
> got any solution for this frank?

Yes. Treat your 130 to what I describe here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html

Especially the problem with the almost torn off IC has a
tendency to make the 130 act up in all kinds of weird ways.
These days, I never even start earnest MP130-defect-hunting
before I have fixed the above. In 9 out of 10 times there's
no defect-hunting necessary after all afterwards.

Frank