Re: [NTLK] Introductions and MessagePad 120 questions

From: memsom <memsom_at_interalpha.co.uk>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 10:22:15 EDT

Hi all,

For the record - as this might be useful to others at some point, I have
just confirmed that a NULL modem cable coupled with a PalmPilot Mac pack
adapter will connect a Windows machine to a Newton with a Mac style serial
port on it. My NULL modem cable is a Belkin (F3X171-10 seems to be the
part number if that is useful to anyone) and the Palm Pilot Mac pack
adapter is basically what came with the pack you bought if you had a Mac
and wanted to connect a serial PalmOS machine to your Mac (Pilot
1000/3000, PalmPilot Pro/Personal or Palm III I guess.) Not sure if the
Palm kit is any easier to come by than a genuine Newton cable, but if you
have these components lying around, you're saved the hassle of sourcing
one a real cable.

Matt