Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Setup Questions

From: Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 23:20:14 EDT

Did you get this yet?

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
Allied Home Mortgage - "You've Got Everything To Gain!"

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 327-4200 Office
(517) 327-4300 Office Facsimile

www.GainEverything.com Advanced Online Application

|Subject: [NTLK] WaveLAN Setup Questions
|
|Hullo. I just got my mits on a Lucent WaveLAN Silver card, and I need
advice configuring it for |use with v1.08a of the driver software. I'm
trying to access the wifi network on campus. I |followed the instructions
on the driver site, but the key bit of info I seem to be missing is the
|SSID. I have no idea what this is, or for that matter what to list there.
I assume as far as a |wifi hotspot goes, I just configure the card for
"Infrastructure" mode, and Channel 1 (since the |setup won't let me select a
different channel).
|I also could use some tips running Internet Setup. What I've done so far
is make a new, generic |setup named for the campus. Should the
configuration be "DHCP Server", or "Manual"?