Re: [NTLK] Newton IM help

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 20:11:53 EDT

XA - no idea.
DND - do not disturb

Newton resource doesn't seem to do anything.

Regarding netmindz.net, I also followed the Wiki's advise and
registered with them. To do this, you need to download a jabber
client. Don't know on Windows but on Mac most people recommend you
download PSI (google search Psi) and then you can register for a
jabber account with netmindz.

After you register with their server, you have to activate the AIM/
Yahoo/MSN service. I've been having trouble with this and netmindz
won't let me register for either AIM or MSN so it's of no use to me.
I have created accounts with jabberworld.org server and njs.netlab.cz
server but NIM won't login and keeps giving me a "Authentication
error" message everytime.

Some on the list mentioned tipic.com but I can't create an account
with them and their page's been down for a while.

So, no luck here with NIM yet.

Tovi

*snip*