Re: [NTLK] Battery temps

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 20:23:58 EDT

On 10/16/06, Steve Trotter <trotter@nwinfo.net> wrote:
> I'm following with interest this discussion.
> Still wondering how I might construct my own NiMH battery for recharging
> in the Newton using a AA battery cage.
> Learned I need a thermistor and a renewable temperature controlled fuse
> of some sort.
> Anyone know where such beasts may be found and how to put it all together??

Hi Steve,

Check here regarding Nick Muller's Akku for MessagePad 2000
It give you a good description though translated from German.

http://tinyurl.com/yjvhsw

Then you have Daniel Padilla's site which you are aware of already...
Then I have a photo set which I pointed you to...

Basically the parts you need can be salvaged from a Dead Rechargeable Pack.
I'm not sure if those other sites are sufficient regarding how to
construct a modified pack but I'm sure my last photo should provide
you enough since it goes hand in hand with the other photos which give
you more details on the construction/modifications...
If you have specific questions I'd be glad to assist you is answering
your questions...

You can always contact Daniel as I think he was willing to assist if
you have questions also... Nick on the other hand I'm not too sure
where he is or if he can be still contacted since his website is down
since 2003... :(

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung