Re: [NTLK] Dock via the Internal SER-01 port on the 2100

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 12:31:02 EDT

On 10/22/06, Steve Hammond <hammond.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to dock my 2100 via serial connection to my Mac using
> Newten, but the 2 refuses to see each other.

Hi Steve,

I've read most of the threads already...
I'm still not sure what are all the details as it's sort of piece
mealed together by your descriptions and comments made along the way.
Maybe if you clarify the a clear understanding as to you're setup(s)
and what has been tested maybe I or someone else might be able to
offer some other suggestion(s) that might resolve your issue.

Tell me which of the connection setups listed below are or are not working.
If the setup you are using is different please indicate the sequence
and it's results so that we can figure this out in a logical manner.

Newton/NIC/Serial Cable/Mac (Beige G3)
Newton/NIC/Serial Cable/KeySpan/Mac (Model?)
Newton/SER-001/Serial Cable/Mac (Beige G3)
Newton/SER-001/Serial Cable/KeySpan/Mac (Model?)

Now to jump ahead regarding issues with the SER-001.
There were prior threads relating to the first revision (was that Rev
#1 or Rev. A) that was due to the soldering of the Header Pins on the
PCB. The design was changed to prevent this issue of the header pins
coming off the PCB. There could be an issue with your board where the
soldering is now defective preventing a clean connection.

These are my thoughts and I'm no expert though I've installed a few
SER-001 and Dongle Destroyers for list members. But I HTH you.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung