Re: [NTLK] eMate Hinge repair advice

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 18:07:48 EDT

Aaron
I let the condition of the hinges guide me. If the tensioning
springs have started to wind up around the hinge then full
disassembly and repair is needed. If the ends of the springs are
still fully in their pocket under the screw then I remove all old
grease and dirt with an appropriate solvent. Move the springs back
and forth on hinge to assure that they are free of grit and then to
assure that new grease gets under them.
Install washers in all cases.
When reassembling be sure not to cross thread screws.

Be sure to see Franks site and follow carefully the disassembly
directions.
<http://www.pda-soft.de/index.html>

Woody